Welcome to the Basalt Fire Department fire prevention section. Here you will find information on a variety of fire prevention related subjects. Listed below are descriptions of pages you will find in this section:
- For more information on installing and maintaining smoke detectors at home or at work, click here.
- Everyone should know how to escape or evacuate if there is a fire threatening or in their home or place of work. By visiting our escape routes and evacuation pages and following some simple safety tips, you can create an escape plan and evacuation procedure that’s right for you, your family, your co-workers, or your employees.
- Learning about the Wildland-Urban Interface is key to preparing for a wildfire. To learn more about what the Wildland-Urban Interface is, and what you can do to defend it from wildfires, click here.
- To learn more about how the emergency notification system in the Basalt area works, please click here.
- Having the right type of fire extinguishers in your home or office and the knowledge of how to use them is one of the best ways to prevent small fires from getting out of control. Visit our fire extinguisher page to learn these tips and more.
- Our fire safety tips page provides a variety of common, everyday safety tips to residential occupants, business owners, and employees for dealing with indoor structural fires if one should occur.